Loading a Project

I just spent time checking the functions on this monster. It is impressive but I need simple Shotcut 101 instructions and answers:

Can someone tell me the quickest way to burn something using the least amount of settings that would put me in sort of an “automatic” mode. I see a few selections where you have added the “automatic” feature. I just wanted to get from load a file to output to convert and then burn;
But first:

Loading; I cannot load any of the video files that I have. I keep getting an “unsupported format” error message no matter which file I try and load. I know these files are not corrupt or anything for I have loaded these in other software and they were accepted. However some software packages I have loaded also will not recognize the format.

For example here is a file extension that Shotcut will not recognize;

Jacks_Maui_ 2012.UHD.2160p.BluRay.x265.HDMA.7.1.mkv;

This file will play using my internal media player(s) on my computer yet has to be formatted to play on the proper television using the proper player. Now this file is 26 GB large. So question;

Does Shotcut provide conversion to a Vob type structure in order to condense and format the file for burning and playback?

To simplify: I want to load a video file, edit that file, add effects, possibly add an interactive menu and process that file, then if necessary convert that file and then burn that file to disc and be able to watch it using just about any DVD player on the market, as well as play on xbox or any other gaming system on the market. Can Shotcut provide this capability?

I’m getting back in now. I would appreciate any feedback from you guys. I will ask some stupid and obvious questions sometimes so bear with me. I am still kind of new at this but learn quickly.

Best to all
T

Have you tried renaming the file to remove all of the “_” and “.” and trying again? Also, does the name of your file actually have a " ; " after the “mkv” extension?

To simplify: I want to load a video file, edit that file, add effects, possibly add an interactive menu and process that file, then if necessary convert that file and then burn that file to disc and be able to watch it using just about any DVD player on the market, as well as play on xbox or any other gaming system on the market. Can Shotcut provide this capability?

Shotcut is a Video Editor not a DVD Authoring program. If you want to author DVDs check out DVDStyler

I tested that filename on Windows, and Shotcut v19.01.27 did not give me a problem. Next, you should be aware that Shotcut does not support 7.1 currently, and it fully transcodes whatever you give it, which might not be what you want. Otherwise, I do not know why it is failing to load because Shotcut can handle a lot. You would have to provide a sample file legal in the U.S.A. for me to look into it because I do not pirate movies myself. Maybe you can find something similar that is a test clip or a trailer?

Sure. And the movies are for me personally. I enjoy getting these files and using them as the basis for experimentation. I can take the video and audio to their limits to get a feel for tolerance or “play” in the software. It also provides a way to see and feel new video and audio formats being rolled out and just how they compare to current formats. Providing of course I have the equipment necessary for playback!

T

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.