Latest win 64 version installer 17.08 reported as malware

Just a wee bit concerned ?

Details please;
Where did you download it from and which AV is reporting [the] Malware?
I’ve been using 17.08.01 since it was released on Win10 Pro 64bit without any such reports.
I always download from the github link.

fosshub and one other site cant remember which
Generic installer variant Meltytec
Meltytec,LLC
filesize 183.5 MB

Are you using Reason Core?
‘Reason Core Security’ has been falsely detecting malware for years including identifying competing products as malware.
If so, then regard it as a false flag from an AV which has little to zero respect in the general community and poor reviews.

In any case, always download Shotcut from shotcut.org :slight_smile:

Hi Steve,Thanks for that kinda gathered that but it seems strange the stuff from git hub triggers no alerts but fosshub ones do including the earlier version do any way installed the 17.08 git hub one
Thanks,Brent

I downloaded both Fosshub and Github versions. A file comparison tells they are identical.

I no longer use antiviruses (only Microsoft Security Essentials on W7/Windows Defender on W10 and on-demand ClamWin); so I cannot say about virus warnings. Third-party antiviruses may have been useful on older Windows versions – though I never had an occasion to see them detecting a serious threat – but they are useless with Windows 10. Significantly, Avast is beginning to diversify their activity.