Keyframes: What am I doing wrong?

I created a quick screencast to show the problem. I’m expecting the text to run from left to right on the screen. I create the first keyframe at the playhead, then move the playhead forward in the timeline and create the second keyframe there. As you can see, this is actually doing the reverse of what I’m trying to achieve. What am I missing? Thanks for whatever help you can send my way.

Is there a keyframe at 00:00?
I see you placed one at 00:01.

One thing that I do differently is I rarely use the keyframe symbol in the keyframe window. Perhaps out of laziness, I move to the playhead position and drag the object, or if I want a new keyframe, scroll up/down once in the numeric position field. Basically just making a 0 adjustment.

1 Like

It was supposed to be at 00:00. I’m not sure how it got moved to 00:01, unless it just happened when I clicked it. Still, it should start at that point (00:01) and progress to the next one, correct?

I’m trying to recreate what you did.
What version are you using?

1 Like

I figured out what happened.
For some reason, Shotcut didn’t update your movement.
Go to the 22 second mark in your video.
The whole time you were dragging the text to a new location, the Position values never change.
At the 24-25 second area you click on the keyframe at 00:01 and it updates your moved values.

Maybe Windows 10 decided to do a forced hidden update and chewed up your memory.
I can’t seem to duplicate it.
Excellent video showing what happened.

1 Like

I did not reproduce it either in version 22.04 or release candidate for 22.06. Very strange. I suggest to reinstall by ensuring there is no Shotcut running first or possibly even reboot first.

1 Like

Thanks for the help, everyone. I completely uninstalled Shotcut, restarted the computer (Win10 btw) then reinstalled Shotcut (22.04.25). That seemed to do the trick, keyframes are now working as expected for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.