Keyboard shortcuts on numeric keypad

What is your operating system? : Windows 10
What is your Shotcut version : 20.11.28

I just realized that shortcut 0 (for timeline zoom fit) and shortcuts 1 to 9 (for selecting playlist items) dont work with the NUM pad

This is no doubt a known bug. I did find this post reporting a similar problem, but it’s from 2017. So I thought I’d report it again, just in case.

Thanks for your report. This is fixed for the next release.

1 Like

Thanks Brian.

I noticed something else about the numeric keypad. It’s not a bug that needs fixing, it fits more in the harmless quirks category.

When the numeric keypad is unlocked , thus supposedly inactive, some keys still acts as shortcuts but with different results than when the pad is locked:

1 Moves the Playhead to the last frame of the Timeline.
3 Moves the Playhead forward 1 second.
4 Moves the Playhead backward 1 frame.
6 Moves the Playhead forward 1 frame.
7 Moves the Playhead to the first frame of the Timeline.
9 Moves the Playhead backward 1 second.

I always assumed that when that NumLock led was off, the numeric pad was completely deactivated… We learn every days :slight_smile:

This is expected behavior and not a quirk. When numlock is off, then the keypad has the functions of the icons under the number:

1 Like

Ah ! Well like I said, we learn every day :smiley:
I’ve been using computers for more than 20 years and I never understood the purpose of that Num Lock key. To me it was more a nuisance than anything else.
Thanks again Brian

1 Like

Never too old to learn something new! That’s why I like this forum :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.