Key Frames in SHOTCUT

Hello!
I’m from Germany. It would be nice if there could be key frames in shotcut. The one to the example in a video with key frames slowly zooming can.Thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

Keyframes are 1st on the road map.
Please check
https://www.shotcut.org/roadmap/

Any estimate on when this feature might make it into production? I just started evaluating Shotcut for my next video editor but animating filters and whatnot between keyframes is something I need almost all the time. I guess I’m going to need to go the commercial route. :disappointed:

No idea.
Meanwhile, try DaVinci Resolve. It’s free and can zoom/pan

If all goes to plan, I will be quitting my job soon to work on Shotcut full time, and this will arrive around the end of 2017.

2 Likes

I’ll keep my eyes open for it. Thanks!

Good news for me - only 2/3 months to wait… thank you developers! I’m looking forward to being able to do some zooming and panning.
Jon

Big step for Shotcut and even a bigger step for you. I hope all goes well and according to your plans. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your support and commitment with Shotcut. I believe Shotcut will be the best cross platform video editor.

I couldn’t express it better.
And thanks Dan @shotcut !!

Sounds like a big step for you - I wish you all the best with it. Thank you so much!
Jon

Hello. Your answer about working in full time for Shotcut around the end of 2017 is always all right ?

Hello Koranke. Waiting keyframes in Shotcut, I use Hitfilm express 2017 wich is free and has a perfect keyframes process.

No need to wait. ShotCut is open source, so you can start coding the keyframe-feature right away… which you can’t do with the closed source Hitfilm software. :slight_smile:

I know that but I am not a software-developer, I am just an user. Despite ShotCut is open source, I am afraid there’s no many people ready to work at the keyframes features. Otherwise, it would be already done since a long time. Don’t you think ? :wink: