Is My Laptop Capable of Shotcut Anymore?

Hello,

System

As you can see, my laptop runs on 4 GB Ram and it’s an HP laptop as well.

I was making YouTube videos for basketball that I really enjoy.

However, here’s the catch:

For the first couple of weeks using the software, I had no issues other than the video and audio were lagging a bit while working on the video

But I was told that’s what usually happens so I let it slide.

Then today, June 5, 2018, I wanted to make a video and my audio was almost impossible to hear.

I don’t know if it’s because my computer isn’t capable considering the fact that it runs on 4 GB Ram.

Maybe it’s because I record my audio on Online Voice Recorder with my Logitech C270 Webcam and I need a microphone instead.

I have no idea!

By the way: if you’re curious, here’s my YouTube channel

Anyways, the more videos I was making the worse the audio became whilst making the videos.

Is there a way to fix this or do I simply need a new computer that at least runs in 6GB or 8GB Ram.

Thank You,

James Voufo Safor

Well your comp is below the minimum requirements, the CPU needs to be 2Ghz min according to the FAQs page.
Also you have less than 4Gb RAM because the OS etc is using some already.

CPU: x86-64 Intel or AMD; at least one 2 GHz core for SD, 2 cores for HD, and 4 cores for 4K.

GPU: OpenGL 2.0 that works correctly and is compatible. On Windows, you can also use a card with good, compatible DirectX 9 or 11 drivers. We do not have a list.

RAM: At least 4 GB for SD, 8 GB for HD, and 16 GB for 4K.

So you’re doing well to start with.
Windows 10 has just had a major upgrade (April . to ver 1083) which may have overwritten some of your device drivers, so I’d check on HP’s website to make sure you have the latest drivers for your model.

Also, when installing the newest version of Shocut it can often help to select to remove the registry settings option.

Thanks, man!

Here’s the second computer that is in my house:

Although it doesn’t run on 2 gigahertz, it still performs better than the first one.

Again, thanks for replying

(Edit): Also can you give me the link for the requirements to download Shotcut.

Thank You,

James Voufo Safor

https://shotcut.org/FAQ/#what-are-the-minimum-system-requirements