Is it possible to install two different versions at the same time?

My own question the other day gave me an idea… Is it possible?
My graphics board is old and can only be recognized by older versions of SHORTCUT.
However, I was wondering if it would be possible to keep only the rendering part of the final export on my graphics board and use some other, newer version for editing.
Is it possible to install and use two different versions of SHORTCUT on one PC?
I would like to spread the load by having the CPU do other work while the graphics board is rendering.
If you know of any suggestions, please share your wisdom. Best regards.
*** Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version) ***

firefox_2024-06-11_12-01-56

Please do not keep adding links to DeepL to the bottom of your posts. That and a fast create-paste-submit triggers spam moderation for all of your posts and replies.

The new versions of Shotcut have features that the old versions will not understand. It is not safe to assume that old versions of Shotcut can export MLT files of a newer version.

~Hallo, ich bin ein Dudd~

Looks like you purposely add the link, because the text above is jist directly copy pasted from deepl, it doesn’t force copy and paste the link, it never does that. So you are probably promoting deepl, please consider to remove those links.