Invert Wipe for Bar Horizontal Transition gets deselected

What is your operating system? Windows 10 Home

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit? 22.09.23 64-bit

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps? Yes
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

The Invert Wipe box gets deselected (unchecked) when used with a Bar Horizontal Transition under certain circumstances.

I have a project that’s basically a slide show of images with mostly Dissolve transitions and a few interspersed Bar Horizontal transitions (all about 1 second in length). All Bar Horizontal transitions were set to use the Invert Wipe, but watching the exported video I noticed some of these were using the normal (non-inverted) wipe. Looking at the transition properties for all the Bar Horizontal transitions, I noticed the Invert Wipe boxes were not checked (even though I had checked them initially). I reselected the Invert Wipe boxes again and that seemed to work, but later I noticed some reverted back to the normal wipe.

I built a test project with two images and a Bar Horizontal transition in an attempt to isolate and reproduce the problem. Selecting the Invert Wipe for the Bar Horizontal transition works fine initially. But when I look at the transition properties, the Invert Wipe box is not checked and the the transition wipe is normal if I re-export the video. So it appears that the act of looking at the properties deselects the Invert Wipe box.

Note that I did find the Invert Wipe box remained checked once during this test and the exported video inverted the wipe correctly. But the issue returned when I looked at the transition properties after saving the project. So it appears there are some other variables involved.

I haven’t used the Invert Wipe with any other transitions.

Thanks, this is a bug in the new version 22.09 that is fixed for the next version 22.10
The problem occurs upon loading properties of a transition; it resets Invert and Softness to defaults. If you avoid selecting a transition the problem can be avoided, but I know that is easier said than done.