Interface fonts way to small

Hi all,

I already used the search function but found nothing relevant.

I am not able to use shotcutapp because I simply can’t read the gui. It is way to small. Restarting the windowmanager or even the pc did not help in any way.

I am using:

Linux Mint 17.3 with Cinnamon (and Mate)
Kernel 3.19.0-32-generic
shotcut 16.10.01

Maybe interesting for you:

[Info ] <Application::Application(int&, char**)> device pixel ratio = 3
[Debug ] ShotcutSettings::singleton language “de”
[Debug ] ShotcutSettings::singleton deinterlacer “onefield”
[Debug ] ShotcutSettings::singleton external monitor “”
[Debug ] ShotcutSettings::singleton GPU processing false
[Debug ] ShotcutSettings::singleton interpolation “nearest”
[Debug ] ShotcutSettings::singleton video mode “”
[Debug ] ShotcutSettings::singleton realtime true

Thx in advance

Interesting. This probably has something to do with your OS reporting to Qt that the “device pixel ratio = 3”. Are you running a very high resolution screen and require HighDPI? On a HighDPI system with device pixel ratio >= 2, the Qt HighDPI support is actually supposed to make everything render bigger. The HighDPI support works for me on Windows 10 and Retina Macs running macOS. If I use an environment variable to disable HighDPI in the app, then the Shotcut log reports “device pixel ratio = 1” and things render small. So, it is strange that it is not working for you.

What happens if you export QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0 and then run the shotcut launch script?
What happens if you export QT_SCALE_FACTOR=2 and then run the shotcut launch script?

Hi There,

great! With export QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0 it works perfectly. See the attached screenshot.
Any other scale factor different from 0 makes fonts to small again.

I am just using a normal 1920x1080 resolution with a Iiyama 24" screen. Nothing special so far …

Output now says:

[Info ] <Application::Application(int&, char**)> device pixel ratio = 1

Thank you very much for the fast answer!