Increasing duration of still

What is the easiest way make a still segment in the middle of the timeline longer? I thought I would be able to set the new duration in Properties, but that doesn’t seem to work. And I can’t drag it longer without first dragging each of the following segments to the right to make room.

Someone else asked the same question here just a few hours ago and I also replied. :slight_smile:

Read the answer here.

Thanks, but I already knew how to stretch the still. My problem is that my still is in the middle of the timeline. Your still is on its own timeline, so your example isn’t relevant to my situation – unless I added a new timeline, which I suppose is one solution, but I was hoping for a simpler one.

The video that I linked to demonstrates adding another video track to put the picture in. That’s really the only way to extend the duration of a picture without moving the other clips around if those clips are so close together.

Toggle on the “Ripple” button on the timeline toolbar. Now, when you drag the edge, it pushes all the clips following it.

Perfect! That’s what I was looking for. Thanks!

Errpp, I had that wrong. Never mind.

I have a 2:00 still which I’m dragging to make shorter, but it goes immediately down from 2:00 to 1:29 and refuses to go anywhere between 1:29 and 2:00. What’s up with that?

longer%20pic%205
It’s easier to change your duration here.

1:29 is 1 second, 29 frames. (almost 2 minutes)
2:00 is 2 seconds, 00 frames. (exactly 2 minutes)

You’re video mode is set to 30 fps or something around it.

If your framerate is ~30 fps, then it is normal. Timecode is hours:minutes:seconds:frames.