Incorrect shortcut for removing space

What is your operating system?

Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS
What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
If you use the menu for removing space between clips in the timeline then you see the following menu item: Remove (X). If you click then the space will be removed. If you hit x the clip left-hand of the space will be removed instead.

For the shortcut (X) to work the playhead must be on the space.

20201205_103252

6 Likes

This only works on the same track. If I want to remove the space, so that clips on multiple tracks move together and select them then regardless of the cursor position, these clips will be removed. If I don’t select the clips and do the removing your way and select the ripple effect then the clip on another track moves to the first free position and not together with the main track where the space is.

Later, I figured out that I had to select the particular track before removal. Is it written somewhere in the user manual?

It’s also confusing because if the cursor is in any place clicking Remove (X) works on the part that I clicked but hitting X works on the part where’s the cursor. However, I don’t know a better solution. So probably users just have to learn it.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.