Import folder of mp4 clips to playlist

I’m not sure if this is the place to discuss this, so apologies if not. I’ve been working on ways to get a folder full of clips, or a subset thereof, into a playlist. In the end, I wrote a java application called mConfetti to do this and put it on Github. It can import an alphabetized subset of clips or a random sample of them. By default, it cuts the clips up into segments of a desired size and progressively selects random input files as the source. However, it can also splice whole clips together either alphabetically or randomly. I welcome any feedback or comments. Works on my PC, not sure about macs. I’ve recently edited the code to remove an earlier requirement for using GPU effects and also added support for avi and mov files. The direct link to the jar is below, but in this era of caution, you can also find it by searching github for “mconfetti”. I consider this very much a beta version, so I welcome any feedback.

The MLT generated by the java application has GPU effects enabled. It’s not going to be very useful for the majority of Shotcut users.

You might want to modify the code to generate a regular MLT file.

Thank you for the contribution. However, I am going to hide this post until a link to the project is provided, and the tool stops requiring the unsupported GPU Effects mode.

Thank you very much for testing it out! The GPU requirement had no actual function and I think I have successfully removed it.

Thank you very much for testing it out! The GPU requirement had no actual function and I think I have successfully removed it. At least, I hope so. Cheers!

Yes. I tested it. The GPU function has been removed.

Now you need to provide a link to the project and notify @shotcut about it to get this post listed again.

1 Like

Thank you again! I’d forgotten it the first time, but the link is now included.

Thanks again for testing out the tool. I have also added the link to the project on Github.

Best wishes,

Dan

Is the source code for the jar file available?

Brian,

Not presently. Do you recommend this?

Cheers,

Dan

I do, yes. I think people would be interested to see how it works and they can feel good to know that it isn’t malicious software.

Thank you for your advice!

Dan