Implement vertical text layout for subtitles

On some videos I saw some Chinese TV programs have some subtitles flown vertically, is it possible to reproduce this in Shotcut?

See the example: 2011.07.13康熙來了完整版 妳能夠駕馭得了高跟鞋嗎? - YouTube

Yes, it’s possible.
You can press Enter after every text of the word and continue to write like that, and after you finish A word, just press Enter key 2 times. Here is the example in the forum text box, and it will work same in shotcut simple text or rich text filter:-

I
T

I
S

A

V
E
R
T
I
C
A
L

T
E
X
T

But you need to set the alignment of the text (like “center”, “right”, “left”) To make it appear nice.

1 Like

That’s looks horrible, it would be better if anyone created an add-on for this.

Do you mean these vertical titles?
chinese-titles
If so, then I doubt there will ever be any filter or add-on available for this in Shotcut.
You need to create them in Photoshop or Gimp and import them in Shotcut.

1 Like

If you were talking about the vertical things that @MusicalBox showed, then these are not possible in shotcut, you need gimp or your photo editing software.

There is an echo in here…

3 Likes

Is this what you want?

2 Likes

I already know and echoed it in by my knowing that I want to echo this because of the following reason, I have written it again to make him understand that it’s not that easily possible in shotcut.

No, not only for that.

No, I want the native support to make text to be written vertically, not by just press Enter so many times.
1992年 朝鲜阅兵 日本新闻视角_哔哩哔哩_bilibili

Why tagged me? I never ask you to press enter multiple times. :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.