Image not crisp after export

testing in progress…

I have found findings! So to speak.

horiz video - nothing else added - automatic mode - settings left untouched - shows up in gallery and plays fine on phone
vertic video - nothing else added - vertical HD 30fps - settings left untouched - shows up in gallery and plays fine on phone

horiz or vertic video - additional image - automatic / vertical HD 30fps - settings left untouched - is not recognized and greyed out on my phone

horiz or vertic video - additional image - automatic / vertical HD 30fps - codec libx265 (! not libx264) - show up normally in the gallery and play fine on my phone

horiz or vertic video - additional image - HD 1080p30fps - codec libx265 - show up in the gallery and play fine on my phone

:thinking:

No you’re good, we got the make and base model from earlier, but more info is usually always better than not enough when troubleshooting!

And your additional findings are even more confusing. Since this now appears to be an image related issue (maybe with your phone). I know you did a reset, so under the export tab does scan mode read as progressive (and not interlaced)?

Try this. I used an old video project (that was xlib264 originally recorded on my Samsung A52 and output as the same). I created a new project, trimmed some of the old video to keep file size down and added an image (with a filter to resize) at the beginning, similar to your demo.

Download it (right click–>save video as) and transfer to your phone gallery. Still a grey box?

Gooood morning! Thank you so much for you extensive help!! The video you posted shows up in the gallery and plays well on my phone, upload to social media is possible - i didn’t post it tho :grin:
The scan mode does read as progressive and I ran the shotcut update yesterday as well.
So most likely my Huawei has an image related issue? Weird… I’m excited to find out the settings you used for this video

So now we can say your phone definitely supports libx264 AND reads it just fine from a Shotcut export using that preset. That means there is no reason why you shouldn’t also be able to do this, so I really don’t know. Try using a different image just for testing (and double check to make sure scan mode is set to progressive, as previously mentioned).

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.