I'm having trouble with the new Shotcut update

What is your operating system?
Microsoft Windows

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
64-bit

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

I made a video using this software and it took around 1-2 hours to edit and 2 hours to export.
When I uploaded it to YouTube, everything was mixed up and my video didn’t make sense at all.
I don’t know how this happened, this has been the same case in the past but I ignored it and it’s starting to get very annoying.

Please, if you can help me, it will be very much appreciated.

The only information you provided was you have Windows.
Can you show screenshots?
What is your Shotcut version? (Click on Help, then About Shotcut)
Or perhaps your video uploaded to YouTube, and provide time stamps in the YT video where something happened that you say is messed up.

There is no easy answer to just general statements.

1 Like

Can we assume that you are using the latest version of Shotcut (21.03.21)?
Some problems in Shotcut occur when the computer does not meet the minimum requirements.
Here I link additional information to rule out factors.
Shotcut - Frequently Asked Questions
In case you do not know how to incorporate additional information, we will guide you on how to proceed and advance on what is happening.
Sometimes a screenshot of the project gives us clues about certain things.
Here is a recent example of a user with export problems. You can see how he provides information and how the issue evolves to a conclusion. This is not like your problem, just an example.

There has been some excellent discussion of what information to provide with a problem, and how, in responses to a post I made recently for this purpose.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.