Icon size in Shotcut 22.09.23

What is your operating system?
OSX 12.6 (Monterey)

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
Icon size are bigger and pixelate in this new version of Shotcut.
See below screenshot of the UI. Left is 22.06.23, right is 22.09.23

On Windows they are bigger in the player toolbar and in two panels (playlist and markers). I don’t think it’s a bug. Simply part of the update.

Pixelated? I don’t see that. Even in your screenshot they don’t look pixelated.

Ok, strange choice. Icons take too much space for me in this new version.

That’s what I mean by pixelated. Probably because it’s not SVG icon.

Did you try to turn ON the “Show small icons” (Afficher des petites icônes) option in the View (Affichage) menu?

shotcut_ib8opqb95t

… I feel so stupid… Didn’t know there was such an option ! Thank’s a lot ! Merci beaucoup.
I should change this thread from category… It’s not a bug anymore :wink:

1 Like

In previous versions on macOS, some toolbars did not properly respect View > Show Small Icons, and it would simply change the padding around the icon. Now, it does properly but perhaps at the expense of a worse default user experience on macOS. See also the release notes about major UI changes.

The Icons are not SVG by design, and I think they might never be because it is too hard to create or edit them in a manner such that will be compatible: SVG != SVG just as XML != XML. For example, the UI library only supports a subset of SVG Tiny 1.2. But there is no way to constrain Inkscape to just those features.

This topic was automatically closed after 89 days. New replies are no longer allowed.