I need help censoring multiple moving objects

Hello, i am working on a video that needs heavy censoring, and as the title says i am having trouble censoring multiple moving objects.
At first i followed this tutorial How to pixelate (Censor or Blur) a moving object in shotcut? - YouTube and it was very useful, but i cannot figure out how to apply the method shown to sections where multiple moving objects need censoring.
Searching for a tutorial, i was surprised to find there is nothing on the topic, the closest i have managed to find was this one Blurring multiple objects in Shotcut - YouTube but it doesn’t address how to do it with moving objects.
Any help?

Mettez votre vidéo sur V1
Appliquez un filtre “Masque: Forme Simple” suivi d’un filtre pour faire le flou, (par exemple “Flou Gaussien”) et enfin le filtre “Masque: Appliquer”
Réglez l’opération sur “Ecraser” et ajustez les dimensions et la position du masque avec les images-clés pour cacher le visage du premier personnage.
Ajoutez un nouveau filtre “Masque: Forme Simple” et déplacez le en seconde position, au dessus du filtre “Flou Gaussien”
Réglez l’opération sur “Ajouter” et ajustez les dimensions et la position du masque avec les images-clés pour cacher le visage du second personnage.

Set your video to V1
Apply a “Mask: Simple Shape” filter followed by a filter to make the blur, (e.g. “Gaussian Blur”) and finally the “Mask: Apply” filter
Set the operation to “Overwrite” and adjust the size and position of the mask with the keyframes to hide the face of the first person.
Add a new filter “Mask: Simple Shape” and move it to the second position, above the “Gaussian Blur” filter
Set the operation to “Add” and adjust the size and position of the mask with the keyframes to hide the face of the second person.

Here is the result

And here the project
Project.zip (1.9 MB)

2 Likes

On a eu la même idée @Namna, mais vous avez été plus rapide que moi.
Je partage quand même le mini tuto que je viens de créer :wink:

We had the same idea @Namna, but you beat me to it.
I’ll share the mini tutorial I just made anaway :wink:

2 Likes

By the way, this technique will probably become obsolete in most cases in the next version of Shotcut with the introduction of the Motion Tracker filter.

Soit dit en passant, cette technique deviendra probablement désuète dans la plupart des cas dans la prochaine version de Shotcut avec l’introduction du filtre Motion Tracker.

2 Likes

J’ai peut-être été plus rapide, mais …
Je n’ai pas fait le tutoriel vidéo, je n’ai fait qu’une simple explication texte.
Quant au projet, je l’ai réalisé sur une version de SC qui dispose d’un VUI pour le filtre Masque : Forme simple. C’est beaucoup plus rapide que d’ajuster les sliders.
Heureusement c’est une amélioration qui a été apportée à la nouvelle version.

I may have been faster, but …
I didn’t make the video tutorial, I just made a simple text explanation.
As for the project, I made it on a version of SC that has a VUI for the Mask: Simple Shape filter. It’s much faster than adjusting the sliders.
Fortunately this is an improvement that has been made in the new version.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.