HTML Animation

Hi guys, I’m new here on this forum.

I’m using Shotcut for 6 months, I’m not a professional film maker. But now with this crises, I’m considering work more with videos. To do that I choose Shotcut, becase I’m a open source software enthusiast, and my pc is a little bit old, and shotcut is working really fine in my “limited computer”. So I have been looking for that cool animations to “subscribe” buttons to Shotcut, but I didn’t find nothing. So I created my own using css. My doubt is I can only paste this code in shotcut TEXT-HTML filter or I need to do some modifications using Webvfx js?

Here is my animation (feel free to use in your own projects)

https://codepen.io/mvettore/full/xxwxbxP

CSS Animation does not work correct out of the box. You must to do something involving WebVfx. There are workarounds and add-ons if you search for them, but you might find it easiest to just recording your screen playing it, and then use the recording.

Hi @Moabe_Vettore , you could try @elusien’s excellent CSS animation generator/converter.

It’s a great tool, but be aware that it’s sometimes not totally straightforward to convert your CSS/HTLM fo use in Shotcut (no fault of @elusien’s converter)… For example, the Webvfx system does not support “flex” so you would have to adapt your code a little before converting.

http://www.elusien.co.uk/shotcut/animations/index.html

PS aside to @elusien - wow, love your new animated openiing page!

http://www.elusien.co.uk/shotcut/

Hi @jonray, thanks for your compliment and comment about my intro.

I have to confess that I’m little bit confuse, about usin this @Elusien process. I’m learning yet, I hope that as soon as possible, I’m going to menage better.

Thanks for your support

Yes I’m using the lockdown here in Cyprus to update my website. I’m glad you like the new look of the Shotcut part. I have also updated the main landing page at www.elusien.co.uk to make it sleekier, more responsive and with some nice animation features, including moving text and text appearing depending on scroll position.

This is no longer the case. The CSS “display: flex” and its properties are supported. e.g. to get some text in the middle of the screen use the following Text:HTML filter:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<style>
.flex-container {
  display: flex;
  justify-content: center;
  align-items: center;
  height: 100vh;
  background-color: blue;
}

.flex-container>div {
  display: inline-block;
  text-align: center;
  padding: 1em;
  background-color: white;
  color: red;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div class="flex-container">
  <div>Text Aligned<br>CENTER</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

Ah, thanks @elusien, apologies for the misinformation. Being able to convert animations using “flex” will be useful.
BTW, is “perspective” supported now?

I just tried it and I’m afraid neither the sequence:

-webkit-perspective: 100px; 
 followed by:
        -webkit-transform-style: preserve-3d;

nor the sequence with out the ‘-webkit-’ prefix work in Shotcut. Which is a shame as it would open a whole new area of features, like perspective text and other fancy 3D tranformations.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.