How To Use LUTs (3D) - Intensity

Hello guys,

I wanted to use some LUTs for my videos, but it seems that I cannot decrease the intensity of the LUT itself, because they are too strong for my liking.

Do you have any ideas how to solve this issue?

p.s.: I’m still at the beginning of learning how to work effectively with shotcut and I think LUTs can give a nice touch to the video, so please don’t judge me for using them :sweat_smile: :clapper:
I just make videos for YouTube, so I don’t think it’s too bad, is it? :smiley:

I guess you could lower the overall Saturation (filter)

I guess a slider between allowing you to choose any point between original and the fully LUT affected output would be ideal for what you want to do. Intensity is not quite right because the LUT might actually be lowering the intensity already.

2 Likes

Yeah I thought it existed already within the filter itself. But unfortunately there’s no option for that. :confused:

Tried that but it lowers the saturation of the whole image. I just wanted to change the opacity of the overlaying filter - like an instagram filter, so to say. [Yes, I’m a lazy person. Shame on me.]

The colour grading palettes also don’t give me much to work with (the darks are already on the lowest point) - or I’m just too dumb to use it yet :sweat_smile: