How to mask a circle to open gradually?

That’s an amazing idea, I can use after effects to simply make the gradient circle, and keyframe the gradientness (I don’t know what it is called…), and then shotcut to apply further effects.

Why After Effect? You can make the gradient in Photoshop or Gimp. It’s just a still image after all. The gradient doesn’t need to be animated.

1 Like

It would be nice if we could add a percent counter in the middle.

I tried with the Timmer filter, but it’s not really made for this. I was not able to make it count from 0 to 100 over the length of the clip… Any idea someone ?

1 Like

Why to not use adobe when I have got the subscription of AE, Why to just bite the bullet, if I have a easier option… :upside_down_face:
Atleast it makes my work a little bit easy. (Atleast a little bit)

I will not make adobe do party’s on my funds.

#StopTheParty

1 Like

Peut-être avec le filtre Simple Texte.
Il sait afficher des variables (date, timecode…)
Peut-être qu’on peut entrer une formule basée sur le numéro d’image, mais je n’ai pas encore compris comment fonctionnent les caractères spéciaux.

Maybe with the Simple Text filter.
It can display variables (date, timecode…)
Maybe we can enter a formula based on the image number, but I haven’t figured out how special characters work yet.

J’ai trouvé ceci.
I found this

Et ceci à propos des strftime formats
And this about strftime formats
https://www.php.net/manual/fr/function.strftime.php

1 Like

It’s a shame we don’t have the Text: HTML filter anymore. I could have created a nice filter to create the “progress circles” shown here: Examples - Circle Progress.

I might go ahead and do something anyway. There’s always OBS to record the animation.

3 Likes

Merci, mais j’ai peur que cela ne correspondre au besoin. C’est pour mettre en page un format horaire, ça ne fait pas de calculs.

Thank you, but I’m afraid that it doesn’t fit the need. It’s to layout an hourly format, it doesn’t do the math.

C’est bien vrai, espérons qu’un jour nous le retrouverons, lui ou son successeur.

It is true, let’s hope that one day we will find him or his successor.

2 Likes

I wonder if #frame would work for this. But if it works, then it would be nice.

What about the “count” In open other. That let’s us customize things further. And we can export and change the speed further.

That would be great, @elusien - it would be a very useful resource. :smiley:

I started doing it at 9pm last night. At 2:30am I realised what time it was… Tucking into the coding again later this afternoon after Skyping my 3 daughters soon. Hopefully will have something for people to try by tomorrow.

2 Likes

Hmm… did you try to use the Open Other > Count generator?
I did yesterday and quickly realized it can’t work for this.

1 Like

#frame# fonctionne pour cette utilisation à condition que la durée de la transition soit exactement de 100 images pour obtenir 100% à la fin.
Ce que je me demandais c’est si il est possible d’intégrer une formule pour corriger la valeur, et si oui quels sont les caractères spéciaux à employer.

#frame# works for this use as long as the duration of the transition is exactly 100 frames to get 100% at the end.
What I was wondering is if it is possible to integrate a formula to correct the value, and if so what are the special characters to use.

2 Likes

I think we are getting of the topic… Because I was talking about a circular progress bar in the topic (not a loader) … :face_with_monocle:

Anyways, elusien is working on something new, which is much better.

As a “taster” for the sort of “progress circles” (they are highly configurable, colours, text in the middle, type of value in the middle, “green screen” background etc…) I have put 4 of them in the video below.

You may see a bit of jerkiness. This is due to OBS (I wasn’t using the GPU for the recordings). Changing a few OBS parameters gets rid of it.

4 Likes

Think of it as a circular progress bar with an integrated progress counter :face_with_monocle:
This has to be done. Do we need to remind you that starting on January 1st 2022, circular progress bars without a progress counter will be banned in 14 countries?

2 Likes

Very, very cool @elusien! (as are all your ideas!!)… Great!

:joy: :joy:

1 Like

Comment cela va t’il se présenter ?
Un fichier html que les heureux conservateurs de la V20 pourront utiliser directement dans SC avec l’ex filtre text: html ?

How will it look like?
An html file that the happy V20 preservers will be able to use directly in SC with the ex text: html filter?

1 Like

That is the plan. But the HTML can also be used in OBS and in a browser.

3 Likes