How to install filter set

• For MacOS, how to install filter set ?

/Users/xxxxx/Library/Application Support/Meltytech/Shotcut/presets here ?

Thank’s

Hi @Phelibre

In Shotcut, go to Settings > App Data Directory > Show
This will open a folder
In that folder check if there is a sub-folder called filter-sets
If it is not there, create one. Use that exact name: filter-sets

You can then drag or paste the filters in that filter-sets folder.
Close and re-launch Shotcut. The new filter sets should be there in your filters panel.

and to add to @MusicalBox comments, here is a repository to download most of the filter sets

2 Likes

In MacOS, there is no such tree in the application directory and furthermore the user is not supposed to write there. For only the path in the user library of the initial post is viable!
But I ask confirmation from people working on macOS…

1 Like

Merci :slight_smile:

Thanks PaulusMaximus, following your link and the readme, I guess I have to create the filter-sets directory inside the shotcut directory following this path /Users/xxxxx/Library/Application Support/Meltytech/Shotcut/

:open_mouth:
@PaulusMaximus
I didn’t even know this thing existed. Did you create the repository?

Finally I found the link to drop the files :slight_smile:

It’s here: /Applications/Shotcut.app/Contents/Resources/shotcut/filter-sets
by default there are 3 files:
Obscure With Blur
Obscure With Mosaic
Text Simple with Gradient Back

I added the JR-Circle-burst-transition-01 file, which I found in the shotcut app…

see you soon,

I don’t think this is the right path @Phelibre
This is the folder where the default filter sets are stored.
It’s in the main Shotcut directory. This means any filter sets you add in there will be erased the next time you upgrade Shotcut.

The directory for the custom filter sets is located outside the main Shotcut directory.
And to find that directory, the easiest way is to do what I told you in my other post:
It should work the same on Macs as it does on Windows.
In Shotcut, go to Settings > App Data Directory > Show

You are right but not completely MusicalBox :wink:

I followed your example. I created the filter-sets directory and moved the JR-Circle-burst-transition-01 file and I find it well in shotcut. But it also works in the present example where there are already three files! I don’t know why they are there?

Ah, that’s specifically the Windows path but it looks like you’ve located the correct one on the mac :+1:

Yes I had a new laptop last week and it occurred to me that I always forget to transfer something or some setting. So the idea for such a scenario was to stick all the filter-sets on GitHub. I may have missed one or two but hey.

The Dell laptop is much better. Playback of 4K is super smooth with no frame dropping :+1:

2 Likes

I am on Mac, the folder is here

I told you. These are the default Filter Sets that come installed with Shotcut.

Great idea!
I backup my filter sets and other Shotcut presets on Google Drive in case of a disk failure. But I’m not very reliable (I don’t always think to do it right away), So it’s good to know that most of them are also stored elsewhere. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for this. @PaulusMaximus. Handy.

1 Like

Thanks for this repository.
It will save me searching the forum for a forgotten filter set. :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Amazing!

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll add accordingly as you creative people invent more :+1:

1 Like

I love this! We can finally create a crowdsourced Preset ecosystem we can leverage to make effects and transitions scalable.

Here’s my hyperzoom:

1 Like