How to import, place and resize an image

I’m putting together a promo video for my new book. How do I import / load an images of the book cover so that I can position and resize it?

1 Like

Start Shotcut.
Select the images. Drag and drop them on the source viewer, or the playlist panel.

2 Likes

After what @sauron wrote, you need to add it to your Timeline either by occupying its own time (V1) or on an upper video track (e.g. V2) if you want it to overlay/superimpose a background. Either way, add the Size and Position filter to adjust it.

1 Like

Thanks. Followed your steps and dragged the image to V2 track. However, nothing happens when I try to select the filters, the filter list doesn’t open let alone enabling me to select Size and Position.

1 Like

Select the image with left click. The image will have a red boundary indicating it’s been selected.
Then select filters, use the “+” icon to add a filter to the image

6 Likes

I think you should watch some tutorial videos. Besides the tutorials page on our web site, and a general YouTube search consider our official low cost series:

1 Like

Thanks. I am currently looking through tutorial videos and compiling a list for future reference. Unfortunately, not all videos seem to cover nit-picking issues, hence my falling back here for support.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.