How to export with different frame rates?

Hello! First post on this forum. So I’m doing an animation, and have clips that have different frame rates (15fps, 17 fps, 24fps) because I’m a noob and use flip-a-clip to export animations and then import them into shotcut. Every time I export, the video’s timing is off as if everything has been converted to one frame rate. Is there a way I can export a video while keeping the different FPS for each clip?

Thanks in advance!

No

everything has been converted to one frame rate

It is. See Video Mode

Oh, I see. Sorry for the late reply btw! But thank you for your help anyways! :slight_smile:

The only thing you could do is changing the speed in the property tab of each video part to your taste. It won’t change anything in the video mode setting with resp. to framerate - but you can adjust the speed for each part to its needs. But be careful you can end up with jerky results when you play it. For watching videos on a computer monitor i would suggest using a framerate of 30 fps, as most monitors have a video repeat rate of 60 Hz - so 30 fps fits well in this. A framerate of 25 fps would not fit well into 60 Hz, thus resulting in jerky/shaky video results on a monitor.
Here is a video that describes this effect in detail (german language): YT-video editing with 30 fps or 60 fps

Okay, that sounds like a good idea! Thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.