How to edit video after it has been exported

I want to add some audio to a video I have exported. Can this be done. I can’t find a way to do it.

which software did you originally use to export the video?

I used 20 02 27 to export. I am currently using 21 03 21

If you still have the original .mlt file, you could reopen it and then add the audio you need before exporting again. Unless I’ve misunderstood what the issue is?

If you did it as a project, and did a “Save”, you have a .mlt file, which tells Shotcut everything you did, and what files you used, previously.

So with that, you can simply pick up where you left off, and add an audio track to the project.

However, If you bypassed that, if you exported directly from the Playlist or from Source, there may be additional steps we will need to walk you through.

In any case, you will not be adding the audio into the file you already created, rather, you will be using the original sources (hopefully) or your exported video (if the originals are unavailable) to create a new video file with the audio in it.

@ronmullet, @kagsundaram has probably explained this better than what I did :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.