How to Do The Star Wars Opening Crawl Intro on Shotcut in 5 Minutes

Who are we kidding? At one point, anyone who does video editing will eventually attempt the Star Wars Opening Crawl Intro. It just happens to be super-easy on Shotcut.

12 Likes

Great. Thanks for the video.

2 Likes

Nice! Have to use this for my next project if it fits :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great stuff - another winner from you. Many thanks and keep them coming - they are much appreciated
Roger

2 Likes

Wonderful! :smiley: :+1:I picked up a new tip … use the grid to snap the corner pin corners to. Great stuff!

2 Likes

Ha ha you’re welcome!

Yes! Due to lack of guides, I use the grid as a measuring tool

Thank you Roger. I appreciate your support!

Great!

Nice! I’m using this now! However, when I added the Corner Pin filter the text disappears. Followed your video which was pretty clear. Using version 20.10.31 on Windows 10

1 Like

Play around the height of the background of the text rich filter

It’s working! Worked when I placed the transparent clip with Text: Rich and Corner Pin filters over a background video on a track below. Earlier I had saved it as an mlt file and was trying unsuccessfully to import that as a clip.

1 Like

Great! Also gave me an introduction to the corner pin filter, which I have been meaning to investigate for a while. As somebody else has said: “Keep 'em coming!”

2 Likes

Thank you. I appreciate it and glad I could help

Even if I never use the full Star wars scroll, just the idea of using keyframes to scroll instead of the scroll preset was worth watching. Thank you from a rank newbie!

1 Like

You’re welcome! I appreciate the love!

Thank you for this. I’s going to be very useful!

1 Like