How to Convert a Vertical Video to Horizontal - PDF & Web Presentation

I have put together a slideshow presentation of the various ways of converting a vertical (portrait) video into a horizontal (landscape) one. A PDF of this can be downloaded here:

Vertical Video to Horizontal.pdf (1.4 MB).

It can also be viewed on:

https://elusien.co.uk/shotcut/resources/Tutorial-Vertical2Horizontal/.

The techniques described are shown below:

7 Likes

A very useful resource, @elusien. Thank you Elusien Enterprises! :+1: :grinning:

Damnation - I meant to edit out the word “Enteripses” from the presentation and fogot.

Oh no! I feel bad about higlighting it! Sorry @elusien. I think it is a cool name though!

Very useful, thanks!

When I click your link, all I get is a slightly blurry image of the title page. No page turning or scrolling tools.

Do I need a special add-on to view this as a slide-show with Chrome?

Chrome IOS (iPhone) displays circular buttons above the bordered window correctly for me, they’re missing in your screenshot.

You’re right @PaulusMaximus. It works also on my Android phone.
Weird…

Is the desktop Chrome the latest version? If Help -About is clicked it may then update.

Yep

Chrome is up to date
Version 96.0.4664.93 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I just found that it works for me if the Chrome window is not set to fit the screen.
The Zoom setting is at 100% in Chrome. Doesn’t change anything if I reduce the zoom.
XFt99wWSqC

Also work if I go to Full Screen (F11)

Just tried on Windows and same as you, something not quite right when switching from responsive design mode, something with the flex container maybe.

1 Like

Works on Mac with Chrome Version 96.0.4664.93 (Build officiel) (x86_64)

Thanks @Elusien

It works for me on Windows 10 with Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Vivaldi. I’ll look into it a bit closer tomorrow (it’s almost midnight now in Cyprus). I’ll look at full-window and see if I can do something.

P.S. For navigation, besides the slide number buttons you can use the red scrollbar at the bottom, or click on the first slide and then use the forward and backward navigation buttons (look like > and < often on the “numeric keypad”)

I’ve just set the height of the slider div in the presentation to 100% and MusicalBox has been kind enough to test it and has confirmed that the poblem he saw no longer occurs.

1 Like