How to Adjust the Intensity of LUTs on Shotcut When Applying a Cinematic Look to Your Videos

All credit goes to @shotcut

7 Likes

This technique can be used with any filter or multiple filters between Mask: Simple Shape and Mask: Apply to blend the filtered image with the image immediately prior to Mask: Simple Shape. For example, you could have color correction before all of this, the masked Opacity filter will not affect that, and the masked filters will blend with the color-corrected image. You really need to visualize the Mask: Apply as an internal compositing of the clip with itself, or perhaps it would be nice if Filters displayed them indented like:

• White Balance
  • Mask: Simple Shape
    • Opacity
    • LUT (3D)
  • Mask: Apply
3 Likes

Super useful stuff once again. :+1: :+1: :+1:

Love the addition you made in your intro presentation : :laughing: :+1:

1 Like

The cap suits you.
I had a scare when you showed up, but I was relieved that there was a transparent screen. That way we avoid contagions, hehe. :smile:
The new entry looked great. :+1:

2 Likes

Ha ha, thanks! You’re the first one who caught the easter egg, since most people usually skip through the intro. Very perceptive!

2 Likes

Nice catch! Can’t put anything past you…

1 Like

Wonderful stuff, @bentacular. I noticed the cap also… Nice touch to swipe me into your tutorial… Great work!

2 Likes

LOL. Thanks!

He was well advised and the result is positive.

2 Likes

Very true!

1 Like

Waiting for the swipes on your intros…

Their swipes will be with a mechanical arm of a Dalek or something similar. Don’t you remember what it looks like with the cap? :joy:

1 Like

That’s right! It’ll be a robot

1 Like