How to adjust a video to shakiness?

Hello,
Is it possible to create in shotcut sth like shown in this video?

Adjust video which I want to place instead of green screen to a proper angle and also make it move along with the rest of the video, because the cameraman has shaken the camera and in this case video that I add instead of green screen also have to shake in the same way as the cameraman shakes the camera.

It is visible at this moment

Can I achieve this effect in shotcut not by keyframing, not by changing the position of every single frame, but only by using some option/filter available in shotcut? Doing it frame by frame is very timeconsuming and imprecise.

Thanks in advance

Hi @Arista
No, there is no option/filter with this kind of hand-held camera effect.

But it’s not as time consuming as you think to it do manually. If you want the create a hand-held camera effect on long clips (30 second, one minute, two minutes etc…) you don’t need to keyframe each frame.

In the example below, I applied the effect on this 36 seconds clip with only 8 keyframes.

It’s not perfect because I didn’t take a lot of time to adjust my keyframes, but in my opinion even this first try looks better than what we can see in the second video you posted above.

Steps:

1. Cut a 6 seconds clip at the beginning of the video clip and apply a Size, Position & Rotate filter

2. Set the zoom at 110%.

3. Create 8 evenly spaced keyframes (Keyframe type: Smooth) making sure the image only moves a few pixels between each keyframe. The last keyframe should be on the LAST frame of the clip and is set to the same position as the FIRST keyframe.

4. Then cut the remaining of the video in 6 seconds long clips.

5. Select the first clip (the one with the keyframes) and click on the Copy the filters button.
    KuU8l6bltX.

6. Select the next clip and click on the Paste filters button.
    ExXDoewTLi

7. Use the Paste filters button on each of the remaining clips.

These steps are only an example. You can use a different zoom value, more or less keyframes and choose to cut your clips at a length different than 6 seconds.

When you are satisfied on how the movement looks at Step 3, you can save this effect as a Preset and reuse it any time you need it in the future.
FNGi0Gp6da

Here’s a capture of my Shotcut window:

2 Likes

Thanks, but I mostly thought how to adjust additional video to main video (that is already recorded) and this one is shaking. So I have to make my additional video also shake but in the same way as the main video. It is hard to describe.

Sth similar to shown in this video. In this example head is shaking but it is the same case. This crown doesn’t fit the man’s head well. It is not moving according to his head moves. Do you understand what I mean? I want to know how to “glue” the crown to his head, So how to make it move the same way the head moves.

But thanks for your answear @MusicalBox. I would use it if I wanted to imitate camera shaking. Please if I wrote sth that is not understandable ask me

What you need is motion tracking then. Not available yet in Shotcut.

@MusicalBox so the only way to achieve it in shotcut is by keyframing? Do you have any advice on how to do it better than it was done in this last video with crown?

No

@Hudson555x how about moving a video to such angle as it is in the first video. Changing angle of video, is that possible?

Try one of these and see if it’s what you want
Filters > Video > Nervous, Glitch, or Old Film: Projector

There are two filters that change the angle. Corner Pin, and Lens Correction.

1 Like

Aside from keyframing almost every frame in the clip, like you mentioned in your original post, I don’t see a better and quicker way in Shotcut.
When I need motion tracking, I create it in a software named Natron, then import the clip in my Shotcut project.

Here’s an video I posted that shows my first attempt at motion tracking with Natron:

There are a few Natron motion tracking tutorials available on YouTube. That’s how I learned to use that technique.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.