How to add video overlay (video-in-video)

I started this tutorial a couple of months ago, but until today I never found time to finish it.
I know there are already many videos on YouTube that explain this technique, but in this one you’ll also find a way to add borders to the overlay clip.

border-anim

8 Likes

Je viens de découvrir une nouvelle façon de faire.
J’ai personnellement l’habitude de mettre les clips dans l’autre sens, (c’est à dire que la vidéo principale est sur V2 et la vignette sur V1) et d’utiliser le masque: forme simple.
Merci pour le partage. :+1:

I just discovered a new way to do it.
I personally used to put the clips the other way around, (i.e. the main video is on V2 and the thumbnail on V1) and use the mask: simple shape.
Thanks for sharing. :+1:

1 Like

J’utilisais aussi le filtre Masque: Forme Simple avant pour créer cet effet. Mais Crop: Rectangle est beaucoup plus facile à manipuler.

I also used the Mask: Simple Shape filter before to create that kind of effect. But the Crop: Rectangle is much easier to manipulate.

1 Like

C’est pas faux …
Masque: Forme simple n’a toujours pas de VUI et les réglages sont en %.
Crop: Rectangle est bien plus convivial.
Mais si le sujet dans la vidéo “Vignette” se déplace et nécessite d’appliquer des images clés au filtre “Crop: Rectangle” la solution avec “Masque: forme simple” redevient moins compliquée.

This is not wrong …
Mask: Simple shape still has no VUI and settings are in %.
Crop: Rectangle is much more user friendly.
But if the subject in the “Thumbnail” video moves and needs to apply keyframes to the “Crop: Rectangle” filter the solution with “Mask: Simple Shape” becomes less complicated.

In that case, the solution is to add another SP&R filter on top of the filters list and compensate the subject movements with keyframes.

Dans ce cas, la solution est d’ajouter un autre filtre SP&R en tête de liste et de compenser le mouvement du sujet avec des keyframes.

1 Like

Thank you for these last two tutorials which as usual are precise and concise. Regards

1 Like

I really love your tutorials @MusicalBox - clear and concise. You are a fine teacher…

1 Like

Thanks @jonray and @Epsilon85 !

1 Like

A tip: whenever I’m using the mask filter I also use the “Invert Colours” filter. This makes it fairly easy to see the area that the mask covers. Once you are happy just delete this “helper” filter.

2 Likes

Nice tip, @elusien. Will use that.

Great tutorial! I hope to use this soon.

1 Like

Thank you for a very interesting and informative video.

1 Like

Thank you @docent27