How To Add B-Roll

Want to Captivate Your Viewers? Master B-Roll in Shotcut!

Ever wondered how professional videos seamlessly blend talking heads with those stunning background visuals? That’s the magic of B-roll, and it’s easier to add than you might think!

B-roll footage adds context, emotion, and visual variety to your edits, keeping viewers engaged. Whether it’s showcasing scenery, close-up shots of objects, or people in action, B-roll elevates your storytelling to a whole new level.

Adding B-Roll in Shotcut: A Piece of Cake

The good news? Shotcut makes incorporating B-roll a breeze. Here’s a quick rundown:

1. Import your B-roll clips: Drag and drop your footage into the Shotcut timeline.

2. Positioning and Trimming: Arrange your B-roll clips alongside your main shots. Use the timeline to trim them for perfect timing.

3. Pro Tip: Transitions (Optional): Shotcut offers a variety of transitions to add a polished touch between your B-roll and main footage.

Ready to Impress?

With these simple steps, you’re well on your way to becoming a B-roll master! For a more detailed walkthrough, check out this fantastic tutorial: Link to your YouTube video here:

Let me know if you have any questions or B-roll editing tips you’d like to share!

P.S:- The quality of the audio of my previous tutorial was bad so I have created this. I will also create a video for the progress bar in near future because audio was bad. I have flagged my old post to get it deleted. I have also adapted to making quick videos so time is not wasted, have a great day :wink:
I am working on creating skateboard progress bar, for which let’s be honest I will use After Effects to animate. But will somehow implement to get used in shotcut. For those who can understand in words, the skateboard will move in a straight line with the wheels rotating and just before a marker it would do a smooth jump and land on marker. And then smoothly fall back on the progress bar and move forward.