How Change Export Frame Default Settings?

Am new and have had good results so far.

Would like to export a series of Frames as JPEGs.

Since the default setting is PNG, I have been searching how to change this to JPEG.

First I checked the various bars, FAQ, Introduction to Video Editing With ShotCut, How To Articles, Tutorial Videos but have not found any mention of how to do this.

In the export frame save dialogue you can use the save as type drop-down to specify the file type.

If you want a series of frames as stills, use Export preset stills/JPEG and click export file.

sauron,

That is how I have been doing it. Guess my English was not too good. Some software have a preference setting that allows changing the default to another option. Am guessing Shotcut does not.

shotcut,

Appreciate your suggestion, had difficulty to find Export presets. Finally realized that need to open the Export icon.

shotcut,

Would you please post a screen capture of what I am to do to save the 1 frame that is on the screen as a JPEG.

What I did saved all the video as a series of jpegs. Fine if I need to save a whole series.

Open the video in the source viewer. Place the play head where you want to save the frame. Press i for in-point, then without moving the play head press o for outpoint.

In the export tab select source for the export option. Export the frame. This exports 1 frame.

This is what you asked for in the first post.

That is easy and answered already by the first reply by @sauron. You use in the menu File > Export Frame… and then choose a Save as type > JPEG as he has shown. The last reply from sauron is an alternative method.

sauron,

Thanks again for your help. Followed your instructions and it worked.

Is there a guide or tutorial that shows this?

shotcut,

Thanks for your help.

Really like all the options Shotcut gives.

sauron,

I noticed the screen with “Open the video in the source viewer. Place the play head where you want to save the frame. Press i for in-point, then without moving the play head press o for outpoint.” has a Red dot and there is a Red dot to the right of Source “In the export tab select source for the export option. Export the frame. This exports 1 frame.” screen.

None of the my save 1 Frame screens had Red dots.

Am using shotcut-win64-190615.

Did a quick search and found “Widening the preview screen” by arthium so am thinking the dots are to direct your attention to specific areas?

How do I add Red dots to do that? Checked for tutorial but did not find anything.

I don’t think so.

I put the red dots on the screen capture to highlight the options.

sauron,

I really like your “Open the video in the source viewer. Place the play head where you want to save the frame. Press i for in-point, then without moving the play head press o for outpoint.” for single frames.

Is there a keyboard shortcut for a series of frames if I know the first and last frame timecode?

Also wonder if I can Press i for in-point then move play head to end of frame series want and then press o for outpoint and so save all the frames between i and o?

I checked the Keyboard Shortcut Reference but did not find anything.

Yes, you can.

Timeline

sauron,

Thanks again.

Since you seem to have a lot of experience using keyboard shortcuts, have you done any video tutorials or can recommend any?

I have made no tutorials.

Try these tutorials.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.