Help Removing Image Blur

I am attempting to import a lever pixel art but when i import it, it gets blurred.
Screenshot 2024-04-10 132427

Hi @TheLights

What is the size of your project vs the original size of the image?
If, for example you import a 300 pixels x 300 pixels image in a 1920 x 1080 project, it will be resize to fit the project and will look blurred.

Another possible cause: Did you turn Preview Scaling ON ?

the original image size is 16 x 32 pixels.
i do not know how to get the project size since i have started using shotcut today and searching “how to get project size” does not give me any good results.
preview scaling is turned off.

i appreciate the help!

Go to Settings > Video Mode to choose a project size.

To see your current Project size:

Go to the Export panel, with Advanced enabled.
If you didn’t change the Resolution values, they will indicate your project sizes.

Also, if you have at least one clip in the timeline, select the Output and go to the Properties panel to view your project Resolution

If you want your image to be displayed at it’s real size, apply a Size, Position & Rotate filter to it and set the Size values to 16x32

would it be possible to make it bigger while not having the blur effect?

If the original image is .svg you’ll need to open it in another program and export a high resolution .png version (probably 1920x1080 would be enough).

1 Like

If it is not an .svg image, it’s shape is easy to reproduce in any image editor like Inkscape, Gimp or Photoshop. And at any size you want.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like