"hardware encodeur" parameter

Hello everyone,
Does anyone know the “hardware encoder” parameter, if it exists, for an AMD Radeon RX6400 video card, only the Intel chipset of the motherboard is detected. Thanks.
Cordially

Yes, it does, but I cannot tell you why it is not detected on your system. After you click Detect go the end of View > Application Log, and you might read something interesting. Do note that some probes for “nvenc” will report failures too, and you should overlook those since that is expected on your system. Usually Intel gives a better quality than AMD; so, you are probably better off this way. :wink:

Good evening Shotcut and thank you for the quick response.

I reinforced my gaming laptop with a slightly more powerful tower that I assembled (not just for shotcut, I’m also a fan of photo processing :wink:).
I attach the “application log” file
shotcut.txt (42.5 KB)

[Info   ] <EncodeDock::detectHardwareEncoders> checking for "h264_amf" 
[Debug  ] <EncodeDock::detectHardwareEncoders> "C:/Program Files/Shotcut/ffmpeg" QList("-hide_banner", "-f", "lavfi", "-i", "color=s=640x360", "-frames", "1", "-an", "-c:v", "h264_amf", "-f", "rawvideo", "pipe:") 
[Debug  ] <EncodeDock::detectHardwareEncoders> "Input #0, lavfi, from 'color=s=640x360':" 
[Debug  ] <EncodeDock::detectHardwareEncoders> "  Duration: N/A, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A" 
[Debug  ] <EncodeDock::detectHardwareEncoders> "  Stream #0:0: Video: wrapped_avframe, yuv420p, 640x360 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 25 fps, 25 tbr, 25 tbn" 
[Debug  ] <EncodeDock::detectHardwareEncoders> "Stream mapping:" 
[Debug  ] <EncodeDock::detectHardwareEncoders> "  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (wrapped_avframe (native) -> h264 (h264_amf))" 
[Debug  ] <EncodeDock::detectHardwareEncoders> "Press [q] to stop, [?] for help" 
[Debug  ] <EncodeDock::detectHardwareEncoders> "[h264_amf @ 000001d344ae4e00] CreateComponent(AMFVideoEncoderVCE_AVC) failed with error 1" 
[Debug  ] <EncodeDock::detectHardwareEncoders> "[vost#0:0/h264_amf @ 000001d344ae4700] Error initializing output stream: Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height" 
[Debug  ] <EncodeDock::detectHardwareEncoders> "Conversion failed!

Just use the better and probably faster Intel.

Many thank’s

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.