H.265, video quality, smaller file

Hello, I would like to know if you already have the h.265 encoder in shotcut because in many places it says that this encoder presents good quality with smaller files, and I would also like to know how to export a video in 1080p with smaller files and with good quality, I know that there is no way to have both, but I would like a balanced configuration, and also when I export some videos, the exported file ends up being larger than the original, I don’t know if it has to do with the bit rate, could you give me Any tips on this please?

Shotcut supports h265. But technology has moved forward a long time ago and h265 is not the most efficient codec that Shotcut supports. Pay attention to the AV1 codec if maximum video compression in acceptable quality is your priority.

This is typical and a good thing. This is in the FAQ

Dan has pointed you to the FAQs which has the answer, and is a good place to start. Specifically:

Most newer devices will include the h.265 option out of the box - on my Samsung phone it’s called “high efficiency videos” - so if this is really your desired format you can try enabling a similar setting, then experiment to make sure it is working as expected. It will save re-encoding, but there are some downsides (like occasional compatibility issues and poor playback on older computers).

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.