Green Screen / Chroma Key Moving

Hello Community!

I am currently working with video meme editing. (I know its childish)
There are some layouts that I have which make the chroma key area move around a little bit.

I am just getting into editing footage such as this. But I’m wondering if I can make the footage inside the chroma key move along with the motion of the green screen. Instead of being stationary inside of it.

Hopefully this makes sense,

I suppose you mean like in this clip, where the green area moves with the phone.

This means that instead of this:

You want to do this:

Let’s suppose the clip with your subject (in my case the dog) is on track V1 and the clip with the green area is on track V2.

You need to add a Size, Position & Rotate filter on the clip with your subject and use keyframes to make the clip follow the green area.

Here’s a quick demo:

Depending on you own clips, you’ll probably need to use more keyframes to make your subject follow the green screen accurately.

7 Likes

This is perfect and amazing! Thank you for your answer it is definitely what I was looking for!

1 Like

You’re welcome @Vegas10128

Brilliant as always - which begs the question, shouldn’t we post a feature request for this? I guess its called ‘tracking’.

Thank you @Devin_Chopra.

There is a motion tracking filter in development. It’s included for now as a toy in Alpha Version 23.03

You can see a brief demo at the end of this post:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.