Graphics issue in viewer - purple screen

What is your operating system?
Windows 10

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
21.03.21 (and tried several other versions before and after)

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

I’ve used this version (21.03.21) for approximately 6 months. I started a new project about 1 week ago and the preview screen opened with a graphics issue (wavy purple screen). A coworker can still open the files with no issues.

I have tried updating my NVIDIA graphics card and tried all of the Display Methods. My IT support noted that all drivers have been loaded.

I have attached my shotcut-log.txt file.
shotcut-log.txt (34.3 KB)

Do you mean your entire screen is wavy purple?
Or the preview in Shotcut?
Could you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

If it’s wavy purple in Shotcut’s preview window, what Video Mode are you using?
Also what is the source file specifications?

A simple test to do with Shotcut, without loading any of your files, is to “Open Other”, then Count.
2021-09-21_14-45-11
You’ll see this.

Thanks Hudson555x - here’s what I now have in my preview screen.

I had always had the video mode set to ‘Automatic’. Playing with the other options doesn’t seem to fix the graphics issue - just the aspect ratio.

Excellent screenshot.
Seems like this issue has came up before, but can’t remember the cause nor solution.
I’m sure others may remember.

From your log file

[Warning] <MLT> mlt_repository_init: failed to dlopen C:\Program Files\Shotcut\lib\mlt/libmltavformat.dll  ("C:\Program Files\Shotcut\lib\mlt\libmltavformat.dll": Access is denied.)
[Warning] <MLT> mlt_repository_init: failed to dlopen C:\Program Files\Shotcut\lib\mlt/libmltsdl2.dll  ("C:\Program Files\Shotcut\lib\mlt\libmltsdl2.dll": Access is denied.)

Don’t worry about the mixture of forward and back slashes; that is not important to the software. What is strange is that your operating system is blocking access to these DLLs. Why? Did you try rebooting yet? If so, maybe some anti-malware has raised a flag on it. Did you download Shotcut from a trusted source (see our download page)? If so, configure your anti-malware to unblock it. Alternatively, download the zip version of Shotcut, extract it somewhere in your user data folders (e.g. Desktop, Downloads, or Documents). Then, run shotcut.exe to see if it does the same thing.

I have rebooted several times with no change. And we downloaded each version from the Shotcut download page. I agree that it seems anti-malware may be blocking access to the DLLs. I’ll have to get my IT support to test per your suggestion, and I’ll update this post with the result.
Thanks for the help!

Anti-virus software blocking the DLLs is causing the issue.
Thanks for the help!

Can you give any more detail? Maybe your solution will help other people.

I’m still working the issue with my IT support. Temporarily disabling the anti-virus software fixed my issue in Shotcut. But I’m not sure yet if they will allow access to these files permanently.

This topic was automatically closed after 89 days. New replies are no longer allowed.