Gradient filter

Dear friends. I have some footage that the sky is very light almost burnt and I want to know if there is a way to use the gradient filter to make it stand out. Basically to make the clouds darker. I have tried looking for tutorials online, but unfortunately I could not find any.
Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Daniel

The gradient filter will allow for darkening easily enough.I think for it to be really effective the video footage would have to be recorded whilst being static (using a tripod for example).

Thank you so much for your fast reply. Could you please suggest a tutorial on how to use that filter? It is so complicated for me. Somehow the saying "you can’t teach new tricks to an old dog " fits me perfectly!!!

Sorry, I have no tutorial to hand for that filter but as you can see looking at the screenshot it is pretty self explanatory. The only thing I can suggest at this point would be to apply the filter and experiment a little to see if it gives you the desired effect.

Thank you so much!

Challenge accepted!

1 Like

AMAZING. Thank you so much

Someone else asked the same question, and here is an explanation of the filter controls:

Here’s how you replace the sky color with the gradient filter

3 Likes

Thank you so much Austin. You are a life saver!!!

Thank you so much Bentacular. This is what I needed!!! Thanks again,
Daniel

Excellent tutorial, @bentacular!! Will be a lot of help to loads of people. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you sir!

No worries! It was fun to make!

Nice! Thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.