Gpu usage and hevc_nvenc

As I convert a lot of videos in shotcut with frequency from H264 to H265 using the Hevc_Nvenc encoder, I noticed that when I keep the project open while exporting the other videos, my gpu (RTX 2060) uses only 30% to process the video export, when I create a new project and leave the interface clean, shotcut starts using 50% of the gpu to render the videos, is there any way to make shotcut able to use even more than 50% of the gpu to export the video? something around 80%-100%, as I believe that this way it would export the videos faster

Do you have GPU Effects turned on?

It is very difficult to get shotcut to load the gpu completely. You can increase the load by changing the encoding preset from medium to veryslow, this is done in the rendering window in the rightmost tab. As a result, the file will be smaller and the load on the video card will be higher. But if your task is only to transcode video from one format to another, I advise you to pay attention to “handbrake” - a free open source encoder, it will handle the transcoding much faster.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.