GBA Style intro

Done with multiple tracks containing transparent clips with text on them. I used the “Size & Position” filter for movement, “Colour Grading” for the colours and “Mask: Simple shape” for the fade out effect at the end. Along with a load of keyframes, of course.

Made as an intro for a minecraft series I am starting with some school friends.

13 Likes

Impressive work. :slightly_smiling_face: That looks totally like an animation done with Text: HTML.

Yeah. That was the look I was going for, but its all vanilla stock shotcut. Just shows how powerful the built in tools and filters are.

1 Like

How long did this take to keyframe? Curious minds need to know.

It took me about 5 minutes to make the keyframes for the starting animation, another 3 for the ending animation, and then about 10 with the masking for the fade out. It needed lots of debugging to get the look I wanted. Other than that, I just used duplicates of the same layer for each letter so it was just a matter of making a stack of tracks, each with a delay of about 2 frames compared to the last, changing the letter and repositioning it. In total I think it took about just over 30 minutes. I have the project file for it but shotcut for some reason throws hissy fits when I try to open it. If and when it works, I’ll try to show a screenshot of the timeline and the keyframes etc.

Update: the file seemed to open fine on my ubuntu laptop.

You can see all the layers here.

Here is the actual project file: It opens perfectly for other users because I didnt use any images that required a file path, it was all built in shotcut stuff. However, the font will be different because I dont have the minecraft font on my laptop. I would need to transfer it over from my windows desktop for it to work properly.

Intro.mlt (71.8 KB)

Have fun!

2 Likes

Good work @scellycraftyt, impressive result. And thanks for the screenshot and MLT file. :+1:

Jeez, what a good and impressive work! Thans for the file!

Nice … didn’t know size position with keyframe can achieve this kind of effect …
Seems like bouncing words … hmm if any tips will be appreciated.

All I can really say is just experiment with all shotcut has to offer, you will pick it all up after a while and will notice you can do things thou never knew you could do before. I mess about with keyframes and masks a lot and I love experimenting with new filters when they come out, for example, the 3d tracking thingy I did a while ago.

It all really just boils down to being creative and playing with as many things as you can in the software, it helps you understand it better.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.