I want to edit full HD 1080p longer video(about 3 hours) in shotcut, videos are playing well before drag to timeline, but after drag to timeline and play UI not responding properly, also video play problems happen. Here are some information about my Windows laptop.Device Information.txt (1.3 KB)
From your device information:
- Processor Intel Pentium CPU N3540 2.16GHz, 2159 Mhz, 4 Core(s)
- Total Physical Memory 1.89 GB
- Available Physical Memory 539 MB
From : https://shotcut.org/FAQ/#what-are-the-minimum-system-requirements
- CPU: x86-64 Intel or AMD; at least one 2 GHz core for SD, 2 cores for HD, and 4 cores for 4K.
- RAM: At least 4 GB for SD, 8 GB for HD, and 16 GB for 4K.
Barely enough for 1080p in the CPU.
Not enough memory though.
If Shotcut performs at all, I would consider it a bonus. And being a laptop, there it’s just physically harder to cool the CPU. Just be very patient and wait for things to catch up. Save your project often as you edit.
Also, you do not need to use the timeline unless you need to mix multiple tracks or transitions. You can also make a playlist with multiple cuts from the same source file.
Your CPU is about 30% less power then 10 years old average desktop CPU (C2Duo E8500 for example), that is the reason.