Freeze crash when adding back missing mp4 files

What is your operating system?
Microsoft Windows
Version 23H2 (Build 22631.3296)
Windows 11 Pro

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)?
I previously used version 23.07.29
The freeze is still active with the current 24.02.29 version.

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
I’ve used Shotcut on my old Windows 10 laptop and I had a library of videos and sound files on an external hard disk inside two separate folders (Videos and Sound). The disk had (E:) as the start of the file paths by default.
Now I have a Windows 11 PC. Due to new PCs having CD-readers removed, the external hard disk had its start path from (E:) changed to (D:) by default.
This means, the files used for my current projects can’t be found because (E:) does not exist on my PC.
By default, Shotcut opens a window where I can manually assign the new file paths.
Sound files (mp3) work fine, but when it comes to video files (mp4) Shotcut starts freezing.
And it’s not just any simple freeze.

1. I can’t close Shotcut via the Task Manager, unless I forcefully shut down my PC by pressing the power button.
  2. In some cases Shotcut even kicks out the external disk from the PC.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 211928

The project itself is already a repaired one. I first started my current project back in March 2023 and throughout many updates my project has been dragged through update hell, especially the filter modifications.
Luckily enough I’ve made a backup export of my previous progress so I can continue my project with a new file.