"Freeway Freedom" - a new music video for flute players

I completed my flute video “Freeway Freedom”. The music is a piece I wrote for 2 flutes and backing track. Target audience is flute players/teachers. I’ve assembled road/car footage to accompany the music and used transitions from my collection of 161 video transition matte files (link below), plus an ink-spill transition kindly supplied by @musicalbox.

For the “write-on” text at the beginning, I actually used a technique of making 33 incremental png images in GIMP, then importing them into SC and selecting “image sequence”, then removing the black background using “blend mode (add)”…

Link to my 161 matte transition MP4 files:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vl9jHXgwDOD7o4m1_17rYYCw5aCBZTxv

How to create “ink-spill” transitions (a tutorial by @bentacular):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UqQzUncJnY

3 Likes

I love it. Very professional-looking. Good choreography between the music and the video scenes and brilliant use of the different transitions. Your film-making has come on in leaps and bounds since you first started posting on the forum. Keep the videos coming.

2 Likes

Thanks so much @elusien! I credit many of the techniques to the amazing collective wisdom of the folks on this fantastic forum! Yourself included!!

1 Like

That’s interesting. is it an automatic function or is it a manual edit?

As always very cheerful music. Nice transitions. Great @jonray :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Very professional! It makes me nostalgic of the intro sequences from 80s TV shows…

1 Like

Thanks, @ejmillan !

I would say “semi-automatic” - in that no, no automatic process - after manually uncovering a bit of the text each time, each png was generated by exporting individually from GIMP, but

here’s the automatic bit -

to save time and effort I devised an AutoHotKey script which automatically exports each consecutive png and gives it an incremental file-name (eg File 01, File 02 etc).

I got help from the guys on the AutoHotkey forum who came up with the line of code that does this. I find this is very useful in lots of applications.

I’d love to make a tutorial on this! One day!

Feel free to try this (Windows only, you must have AutoHotKey installed). Copy the text below, paste into notepad, save as “incremental export in GIMP.ahk” (or any other filename). Right-click, Run Script.

Then open GIMP and import any png image.
Press CRTL/Q and the script should leap into action and export the png as “File 01.png”.
then press CTRL/Q again and it will save a “File 02.png” - and so on…

SetKeyDelay, 10
  SetDefaultMouseSpeed, 8
  CoordMode, mouse, screen
  ;shift=+
  ;ctrl=^
  ;alt=!

i := 0					                  ; This is the exported file's default counter/number

^q::                                     ; Sets CTRL/Q as the trigger for this script
	SetKeyDelay, 100	                  ; Slows down keypress speed so as not to overwhelm GIMP
     Clipboard:=                             ; Clears the clipboard
     clipboard := Format("{:02}", ++i)		; Saves numbers in the clipboard with two digits (01, 02, 03...) and increase them by 1 for each file
     	Send, ^+e                           ; Types shortcut SHIFT/CTRL/E (Export as...)
	Sleep, 100                          ; pauses autohotkey for 100 milliseconds to let the computer catch up
         Send, File{space}                   ; Types "File" then a space
	Send,% clipboard		            ; Types the text saved in the clipboard (01, 02, 03 etc)
	Sleep, 500                          ; Pauses autohotkey for 500 milliseconds to let the computer catch up
	Send, {return}                      ; Types RETURN
	Sleep, 500                          ; pauses autohotkey for 500 milliseconds to let the computer catch up 
	Send, {return}                      ; Types RETURN
	Return                              ; Ends the script

Glad you liked it! It was fun to make!

1 Like

Now you need to make a tutorial from it

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.