Font window too big

What is your operating system?
Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon, Cinnamon 4.6.7

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
Shotcut version 20.07.11
Qt 5.14.2

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)
Filter: Text Simple
Click on the button to change the font, unable to change the window size. Borders out of screen.

Sorry but we do not make the font dialog. This is a problem specific to Linux and the desktop environment used. Large text in a high resolution video needs a large font size to render sharply. You can reduce the size of the text rectangle if only temporarily to force a smaller font size.

Thanks. No idea why there was such a large font selected. Changing the font size with Text Editor fixed it.

Or maybe it is a bug after all.
Here is how I can reproduce it:
Choose filter Text: Simple
Click ‘Use font size’
Click button to choose the font
Size is set to 830!

In the .mlt file:

<property name="shotcut:pointSize">830</property>

I clearly explained the reason the size is big above. That is not a bug.

I fixed the problem with the font dialog being very big when Use font size is off for the next version 20.09. (If you turn on Use font size then it must open with the size you chose, which if is large will land you back into this problem.)

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.