First Keyframing in Shotcut

I don’t tend to do what I don’t need, so recently I needed to put a image that moves in my project, so I needed to figure out how Shotcut worked with keyframes.

I’ve seen some tutorials here and elsewhere that I thought made it appear way more complicated than it needed to be.

Shotcut’s approach to keyframing isn’t like in Final Cut Pro X, but once you get your head around it it works pretty well.

The part in question begins at 2:28

4 Likes

Yeah, thats one of the most easiest keyframing possible: you only need 2 keyframes :slight_smile:
Well done!

1 Like

For a ‘Simple’ keyframe you can’t use any more – even if you want to. It’s actually a bit irritating. I didn’t try an ‘Advanced’ one because it did the job.

You’ll get used to it quicky, once you experience a bit. its just like any animation in time, you just have to set you keypoints where you want. I did a keyframing for a journey animation with Google earth studio and set about 60 - 90 keyframes in each clips and there were several clips. SC slowed down quite a bit, but we managed it :slight_smile: I put an example video somewhere here…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.