Filters window is empty (Mac, version 19.04.30)

Hi,

I recently upgraded Shotcut to 19.04.30, and on creating a new project I am no longer able to use the Filters window. On trying to select either an audio segment or a video segment in the timeline, the Filters window does not populate with anything and just stays black. I tried waiting for a few minutes to see if the program was simply stuck, but it definitely isn’t and isn’t using any significant CPU.

This was a regression in the latest version; in prior April versions everything worked fine. I’m on a Mid 2010 MacBook Pro running Mac OS 10.12.6 (Sierra), with the (standard?) NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M graphics card. Let me know if I can provide any other helpful information!

In the meantime, I’ll just have to revert to an earlier version.

I am also on Mac and I did not have this problem with the update 19.04.30

I recently tried uninstalling all Shotcut files from the computer (including the data_fx.properties file), then downloading and re-installing the latest 19.04.30 version from the website. Works perfectly now.

If this happens again I’ll try to figure out some consistent steps for reproducing it.

I’m new to Shotcut. Just started using it. I have the same version as you on a Macbook Pro running macOS Mojave, v 10.14.5 and have the same problem. The filters window is empty. I’ll try uninstalling it as you did. Do I have to delete the files where the projects are saved? And where can I find the data_fx properties file?
Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.