Filters cause crashing

What is your operating system?
linux Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
shotcut version 22.06.23 64-bit

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)
As soon as I click on filters the program closes down, I tried on several videos already.
Thank you for any advise

Claudia, did you download the version from the official download site here: Shotcut - Download ?

If not, uninstall the version you have and re-install that one. Please let us know if that solves your problem.

If Shotcut continues to crash, please upload the logfile to this post. The logfile’s location can be found here: Shotcut - Frequently Asked Questions

Thank you, I installed it through ubuntu software, but I will try your site again.
I’ll let you know the result, it might take a couple minutes :slight_smile:

Are you clicking the filters toolbar button, the Filters tab, or when actually picking a filter to be added?

I installed it through ubuntu software

That can be a package or Snap. The first 10 or so lines from View > Application Log… will help. If it is the Snap, that is the same build as through our downloads page. In that case, then you probably have an OpenGL compatibility problem. Some people report this happens only when the Filters panel was made floating instead of docked into the main window, which is why I asked the question above. Use View > Layout > Restore Default Layout to revert the Filters panel into docked instead of floating.

Thank you for your answer.
When clicking at the filters toolbar button, but it is not floating, I stick to the default layout.
A friend will help me to install shotcut again downloading it from the official site.

I will get back to you all when I know more - this will be tomorrow.

Since I promised to get back to you: nothing worked and the program is still crashing as soon as I click on filters. But it rather seems to be a problem with my system and my admin will take care of it.
Thank you so far for your kind help