Filter Set | Transition VerticalSplitSweep

Inspired by @dimadjdocent’s filter pack (thanks to him), and particularly by No Sync filter,
here’s a Split effect I’ve wanted to do on a single track for a very long time.
2 versions: Up/Down and Down/Up

Project: 1920x1080 – 30fps or 60 fps
Transition lenght: 1sec (30fps) – 0.5sec (60fps)
Properties: Cut 50%

5 filters :
. Blur: Box
. Mask: Simple Shape
. Crop: Rectangle
. No Sync
. Mask: Apply

SC1080-30fps TRANS_VerticSplitSweep_Up&Down.zip (1.7 KB)

-How to install this effect :
Open Shotcut > Settings > App Data Directory > Show > filter-sets folder
Unzip the archive and drag the transition files into this folder. Then, close and restart Shotcut.
(For users of versions 2022.xx, open the file with a notepad; Select all, copy. In Shotcut, paste into the filters tab of the selected transition).

5 Likes

Coo-ee, they’re coming thick and fast! These are Fabulous! How creative to split the clip like that. Amazing. :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Very original. I’ve never seen this kind of transition before. I like it. :+1: :+1:
Can’t wait to test it.

1 Like

Thanks @jonray. The question is: How do I remember all these new filter sets? :face_in_clouds::thinking:
Merci @jonray. La question est: Comment se souvenir de tous ces nouveaux filters sets? :face_in_clouds::thinking:

Merci @MusicalBox. I noticed this effect a few months ago in the summary of a cycling race. :biking_man::biking_man:
Merci @MusicalBox. J’ai remarqué cet effet il y a quelques mois dans le résumé d’une course cycliste.

1 Like

Wow, this looks great and fresh!

1 Like

I tried your filter sets @SergeC
Excellent! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you @dimadjdocent. It’s all thanks to you.

1 Like

Thank you! I would like to thank the developers for implementing the filter set system and adding the ability to make the cut type 50% by default to the slideshow generator. I would really like to see the developers one day make it possible to apply a set of filters immediately in the slideshow generation window, and in ideal also the ability to specify sets of filters that would be applied to transitions randomly. I hope there will be such functionality someday.

Yes, that sounds good. And also the possibility (as in Properties) to modify the softness % (default 50).
If you wish, you can create a topic in the suggestion section. @shotcut or @brian will tell you if it’s possible or not.
In my opinion, it’s impossible to select transitions in the filter-sets folder by duration and project resolution (25,30,60 fps or 0.5,1,…seconds).

Merci SergeC pour ce tuto. Cordialement

1 Like

Avec plaisir. :slightly_smiling_face: