Filter Set | Real Barn Doors Transition

This transition requires two Filter Sets. The result is similar to the Barn door Horizontal transition included in Shotcut, except that this one really cuts the top video in two parts.

Here’s a demo of the Filter Sets in action:

In the ZIP file you’ll find versions of the Filter Sets for projects in these resolutions:

• HD 720p
  • HD 1080p
  • UHD 2160p

AND these frame rates:

• 24fps (works also on 23.98fps and 25fps projects)
  • 30fps (works also on 29.97fps projects)
  • 50fps
  • 60fps (works also on 59.94fps projects)

Download this ZIP file: Filter Set - Real Barn Door Transition.zip (17.6 KB)

Install the one(s) you need. Don’t forget that you need two Filter Sets for this transition.
One LEFT, one RIGHT.

How to install a filter set:

• Download the ZIP file and un-zip it.
  • In Shotcut, go to Settings > App Data Directory > Show
  • If you don’t see a filter-sets folder, create one (use that exact name).
  • Open the filter-sets folder.
  • Move the un-zipped filter set file(s) of your choice in that folder.
  • Close and re-launch Shotcut.

Your new filter set(s) should be visible in Filters > Sets

Vt5pwMWesZ

How to use the Real Barn Doors Filter Sets:

11 Likes

Wonderful! Thank you so much @musicalbox - and also for your hard work in producing the instructions and tutorial video. Top class!

1 Like

Bonjour Musical Box, merci pour ce nouveau tutoriel, belle maîtrise de SC et beau travaille de recherche et de créativité. Cordialement

1 Like

Ooh! Thanks @MusicalBox. I think I’m going to use this transition for my new year’s greetings videos. It’s really better than Barn door Horizontal!

Ooh ! Merci @MusicalBox. Je crois que je vais utiliser cette transition pour mes vidéos de vœux de nouvel an. C’est vraiment meilleur que Barn door Horizontal !

1 Like

Merci @MusicalBox je suis d’accord sur le fait que la transition standard de SC est simpliste.
Comme le nom de cette transition est “Porte de grange” et qu’en France il ne doit pas y avoir beaucoup de granges avec des portes coulissantes, j’ai créé cette version en remplaçant les “SPR” par des “Corner pin” pour donner l’impression de portes battantes. Un effet de zoom sur l’image entrante et une piste de plus pour la réflexion de cette image.
Au final, cela donne ceci.

Thanks @MusicalBox I agree that the standard SC transition is simplistic.
As the name of this transition is “Barn Door” and in France there must not be many barns with sliding doors, I created this version by replacing the “SPR” with “Corner pin” to give the impression of swinging doors. A zoom effect on the incoming image and one more track for the reflection of this image.
In the end, it gives this.

4 Likes

Cool, @namna. Bravo. I was wondering if this could be made into a filter-set? Or a set of 2 filter-sets, one for each track, like @musicalbox did?

Cool, @namna. Bravo. Je me demandais si cela pouvait être transformé en un ensemble de filtres ? Ou un ensemble de 2 jeux de filtres, un pour chaque piste, comme l’a fait @musicalbox ?

2 Likes

@jonray, @Epsilon85, @SergeC and @Namna
Thanks for the nice comments. Merci pour vos commentaires.

@Namna
J’adore votre version. Les portes de granges au Québec sont aussi principalement battantes.
Pouvez-vous partager votre méthode?
:slight_smile:
I love your version. Barn doors in Quebec are also mostly hinged.
Can you share your method?

2 Likes

Bien sûr, voici le fichier mlt.
Je l’ai fait sur V20, mais cela fonctionne aussi sur V23.
Je note quand même une différence, le filtre opacité sur la piste V4 chargé de réduire l’intensité du reflet de l’image centrale ne donne pas le même résultat que sur V20 ?
Je n’ai pas créé les “sets”, c’est encore un peu nouveau pour moi.

Of course, here is the mlt file.
I did this on V20, but it also works on V23.
I do notice a difference though, the opacity filter on track V4 responsible for reducing the intensity of the reflection of the central image does not give the same result as on V20?
I didn’t create the “sets”, it’s still a bit new for me.

Barn_Door_V23.zip (181.3 KB)

2 Likes

Merci @Namna

Pour que le filtre Opacité fonctionne (sur la version 23 en tout cas) il faut ajouter quelque chose (un clip noir par exemple) sur la piste V1.

For the Opacity filter to work (on version 23 anyway) you need to add something (a black clip, for example) to the V1 track.

1 Like

Merci pour le partage @Namna. Très cool.
Thanks for sharing @Namna. Very cool.

That is excellent, @namna. I had noticed the mirror image of the centre photo and wondered how you did it. Very effective! Bravo.

C’est excellent, @namna. J’avais remarqué l’image miroir de la photo centrale et je me demandais comment vous aviez fait. Très efficace! Bravo.

Sur le clip du reflet, j’ai modifié les paramètres du filtre Gradient. Plus besoin de clip noir sur V1, et le filtre Opacity devient facultatif.

On the reflection clip, I’ve modified the Gradient filter settings. No more need for a black clip on V1, and the Opacity filter becomes optional.

Barn_Door_Namna_modified.zip (182.6 KB)

Avant /Before

Après / After

2 Likes

I, too noticed the gradient filter. Very effective and creative. Congratulations @Namna and thanks to @musicalbox for the amended gradient.

Moi aussi, j’ai remarqué le filtre dégradé. Très efficace et créatif. Félicitations @Namna et merci à @musicalbox pour le dégradé modifié.

2 Likes

J’ajoute que pour modifier l’opacité du reflet, il y a juste a modifier l’intensité du noir et du blanc dans le filtre Gradient. Donc le filtre Opacité peut être retiré complètement.

I would add that to modify the opacity of the reflection, all you have to do is change the intensity of the black and white in the Gradient filter. So the Opacity filter can be removed.

Ygn47NxYiH

1 Like

Et bien, c’était mieux avant

Well, it was better before :stuck_out_tongue:

OK, bravo. :+1:
Le filtre gradient n’avait pour but que de modifier la luminosité de l’image reflétée. Au pied de l’image normale (le haut de l’image reflet) la luminosité est plus haute qu’en bas de l’image reflet. Mais j’avoue, c’est subtil vu la durée de la transition.

Okay, well done. :+1:
The gradient filter was only intended to modify the brightness of the reflected image. At the bottom of the normal image (the top of the reflection image) the brightness is higher than at the bottom of the reflection image. But I admit, it’s subtle given the duration of the transition.

1 Like

OK, @MusicalBox c’est votre dernière version la meilleure. Merci pour le partage.
Ne reste plus qu’à créer tous les “set”

OK, @MusicalBox this is your latest and best version. Thank you for sharing.
All that remains is to create all the “sets”

1 Like

Est-ce une requête ? :wink:

Non, sauf si bien sûr d’autres utilisateurs sont intéressés.
Je confirme, votre version fonctionne bien sur V20, le filtre “opacité” n’est plus nécessaire.

No, unless of course other users are interested.
I confirm, your version works well on V20, the “opacity” filter is no longer necessary.

1 Like

Je suis intéressé :slight_smile:

1 Like

@musicalbox and @namna, I’m already using a further adaptation of this idea in my upcoming flute video!
Here’s a short extract showing the text transition between 2 sections of the video. Thanks, guys!

@musicalbox et @namna, j’utilise déjà une nouvelle adaptation de cette idée dans ma prochaine vidéo de flûte !
Voici un court extrait montrant la transition du texte entre 2 sections de la vidéo. Merci les gars!

2 Likes