Filter missing in different languages

There are apparently certain filters missing in different interface languages.

I had shotcut set to german and was trying to implement a spectrum visualisation but it was missing from the filter list. (See left picture below) In the area marked with red there are the audio light visualisation, the audio dance visualisation and the audio waveform visualisation, but not the audio spectrum visualisation.
When I changed the language to english the spectrum visualisation miraculously appeared. (See right part of the picture below)

I did not check wether it was the same for other filters or other languages.

(OS is Windows 10 and Shotcut version is 19.06.15)

EDIT: This bug report is not correct. The Audio Spectrum Visualisation in the german language is not called “Audio-Spectrumvisualisierung” as one might expect since all other audio visualisation filters follow this naming pattern. It is called “Visualisierung des Tonspektrums” and henceforth further down the filterlist.
It would be nice if the spectrum visualisation in german would also follow the same naming convention as the other visualisation filters.

Das ist leider ein Problem, wenn die Übersetzung durch Freiwillige geschieht. Es sind mehrere Personen, die sich eingetragen haben und die zu unterschiedlichen Perioden Übersetzungen vollführt haben. Dadurch können Inkonsistenzen entstehen.
In diesem Fall habe ich die drei mit dem Präfix “Audio-” übersetzt, da diese neu hinzugefügt wurden. “Visualisierung des Tonspektrums” hingegen wurde zuvor übersetzt, da dies ein älterer Filter ist. Ich werde eine neue hinzufügen, kann jedoch nicht versprechen, dass diese Version in ein neues Update übernommen wird, da ich lediglich die Rechte eines “Translators” besitze und nicht die erweiterten eines “Reviewers”.

This is unfortunately a problem when translations are perfomed by volunteers. Several persons are registered and have translated over different periods. Inconsistencies can occur due to that.
In this case I translated the ones with the prefix “Audio-” because they were freshly added. Whereas “Visualisierung des Tonspektrums” was translated before due to it being an older filter. I will add a new one but I cannot promise that this version will be imported into an update since I only have the rights of a translator and not the extended ones of a reviewer.

Ist okay. :slight_smile:
Viel mehr danke ich Ihnen und dem Team von Shotcut fĂĽr all eure gute Arbeit an diesem groĂźen Projekt!
(Ich war ehrlich gesagt ein wenig aufgeregt, als ich dachte, ich hätte einen Bug gefunden, denn so hätte ich ein wenig helfen können.)

It’s allright. :slight_smile:
Rather, I thank you and the team behind Shotcut for all your good work on this big project!
(I was actually a bit exited when I thought that I had found a bug, because it meant I could contibute in a small way.)

1 Like

Das GefĂĽhl kenne ich auch. Aus diesem Grund habe ich mich auch fĂĽr die Ăśbersetzungsgruppe eingetragen, damit ich ein wenig beitragen kann.
Mehr als einige Ăśbersetzungen habe ich aber nicht getan, also gebĂĽhrt die Danksagung dem Entwicklerteam.
Ăśbrigens habe ich die neue Ăśbersetzung hinzugefĂĽgt.

We do not currently have a good way to report bugs for translations because they are done by a team of international volunteers using a web site called transfix.com. Unfortunately, their web site does not make it easy to report problems like this. For example, it is not at all convenient for me to send a message to all translators for German with a link to this topic! I have to find the specific string and leave a comment as an issue and hope someone sees it. When doing it just now for this string, I see it was already fixed for the next version 19.07!

1 Like

→ By the way, I added the new translation.

Because I am in the translation group I changed it right away.
Is always the newest translation used for a new version?

Yes, for a release version only - not betas or nightlies.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.