Filter issue

Using windows 10 SC version 21.09.29. Problem always happens.

When I open SC for the first time and everytime it is a new opening, the filter button does not allow you to work the timeline filters. you must first close the filter feature and then reopen it. After that the filter access works fine. This was happening on earlier versions also.

This is not big deal as I know what is going on and I just open and close the filter function once per session. I just wanted to let you know of the bug.

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

You need to have opened media of some sort, or at least have clicked on a clip if you opened a project to use the filters.

If nothing is selected, you can’t select a filter.

2021-12-11_16-41-52

I agree. That isot

I agree. That is not the problem. I do have a clip and section of the clip selected. Until I go through the process outlined I cannot select the filter for that clip. Like I said, this only happens when I first open SC. After I close the filter selector and reopen it again it works the rest of the session until I close SC and when I reopen SC the same thing happens.

Sorry but I am unable to reproduce it. Maybe View > Layout > Restore Default Layout helps reset something.

Thats OK. I really don’t mind having to reset once per session. Just thought knowing about it might help.

Can you record what is going on?
Or give steps from start of a new project.
Just the minimal amount of actions required to duplicate.

I am not familiar with this version number, and it’s not listed with the older versions.

Have you tried the current version of 21.10.31?

Step 1. Open a project. Edit it in the timeline.
Step 2. Select one of the timeline clips. It becomes red.
Step 3. Control 6 opens the filters window. However, the filter popup box is black and nothing can be done it it.
Step 4. Close the filter data box.
Step 5 Control 6 opens up the filter window except this time it recognizes the clip you have selected and allows you to manipulate the various filters.
Step 6. From here on out you can open the filters data box and it works as designed.
Step 7. If you close SC and reopen it the processes outlined above start all over again.

I will do a recording of this process if someone tells me how to record in Windows 10.
BTW, This problem is the same for my desktop with the latest version and with my laptop using earlier versions.

Is your Filters panel a floating window or docked into the main window?

If by floating you mean I can move it around by grabbing it at the top bar and move it around the screen, then yes, it is floating.

OK, then this is a known but rare problem on some systems. It was so prevalent on macOS that we had to disable floating that panel on macOS. You might want to see if not floating is a workaround. The problem lies deep in OpenGL integration with the GPU driver, and not easy to fix especially since that is in a library we do not maintain. It might be that something we are doing or not doing is a factor, but I have not figured it out.

I reproduce this now on one of my Windows system when all of the following are true:

• the panel is set to float
  • the Display Method is Automatic or OpenGL (on my system and most Automatic chooses OpenGL), and
  • the panel is not visible upon start

Fortunately, none of those are the defaults.

Glad to see you were able to reproduce. I am going to continue using the program just as I have it set up since it is such a minor situation as to not warrant doing anything. Thanks.